The following are ten definition of the subject matter with different authors.
1. a curriculum ( /kəˈrɪkjʉləm/; plural: curricula /kəˈrɪkjʉlə/ or curriculums) is the set of courses, and their content, offered at a school or university. By wikipeadia site
2. A curriculum may also refer to a defined and prescribed course of studies, which students must fulfill in order to pass a certain level of education. By Jackson, Philip W.
3. In formal education or schooling (cf. education), a curriculum is the set of courses, course work, and content offered at a school or university. By Pinar, William F.,
4. As an idea, curriculum stems from the Latin word for race course, referring to the course of deeds and experiences through which children grow to become mature adults.
By John Franklin Bobbitt
5 A set of courses constituting an area of specialization by William M. Reynolds,
6. The courses offered by an educational institution by Peter M. Taubman.
7. A curriculum may also refer to a defined and prescribed course of studies, which students must fulfill in order to pass a certain level of education. By Patrick Slattery,
8. 4 way definition of curriculum
Curriculum as a body of knowledge to be transmitted.
Curriculum as an attempt to achieve certain ends in students – product.
Curriculum as process.
Curriculum as praxis. By Smith, M. K. (1996, 2000) ‘Curriculum theory and practice’ the encyclopedia of informal education, http://www.infed.org/biblio/b-curric.htm.
9. The aggregate of courses of study given in a school, college, university, etc.: The school is adding more science courses to its curriculum. By World English Dictionary- Collins.
10. Curriculum is all planned learning’s for which the school is responsible. By (From Marsh, C. J. & Willis, G. (2003). Curriculum: Alternative approaches, ongoing issues. (3rd Ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill Prentice Hall.)