DEFINTION OF COMPUTER; computer is an electronic machine that is capable of accepting data (as input-processing the data and as output-producing information).
DATA can be considered as a computer raw material. The raw material may be such things as students, exam records, etc.
TYPES OF COMPUTER
1. Digital computer
2. Analog computer
DIGITAL COMPUTER; this is the type of computer that is use in mathematical calculations and data processing.
ANALOG COMPUTER; this is the type of computer that measures physical magnitudes such as temperature, e.g speedometer. It is also use for scientific and engineering purposes.
UNIT OF COMPUTER
1. IMPUT CONTROL UNIT; these are devices through which information to be processed is present to the computer.
2. OUTPUT CONTROL UNIT; these transform processed information from its internal form into ordinary form. E.g. Printer, speaker and digital-to-analog converters.
3.SYSTEM U NIT; these made up the CPU which is further divided into three main parts- control unit, logic unit and the main storage unit.
4. AUXILLIARY STORAGE UNIT; they are responsible for storage of data and process information. E.g hard disk magnetic tape, etc
THE REMOVABLE STORAGE FACILITIES are
1. FLOPPY DISK; this is an internal device mounted into an open drive bay of the system case
2. COMPACT DISK (C.D); this is the removable storage facilities that has the large storage capacity. It has read-only and read/write, read.write C.D which are very expensive than read-only C.D.
3. FLASH DRIVE; it is use through the use of USB
4. CARD READER
5. EXTERNAL HARD DISK